Moksha love poem


Тонь сильфце зерклатесе -

Строкать монь цеберень вайм.

Капшек! Ведь юмай! Маштписть ли

Последнийтня чувстватнень признаниетнень?

Translated into Moksha by Olga
Moksha love poem

Une romanization


Toń śil'fće źerklat'eśe -

Strokat' moń ćebeŕeń vajm.

Kapšek! Ved' jumaj! Maštpist' l'i

Posl'edńijtńä č́uvstvatńeń pŕiznańijetńeń?

Book of poetry "La Glace"
Original version
French poem

Mokshan language

My love poem "The mirror" translated into Moksha (other names : Mokshan, Mordoff, Mordvin, Mordov, Mordvin-Moksha, autonym : Мокшень кяль (Mokšenj kälj)), by Olga a translator.

Mordve-Moksha is a Finno-Volgaic Uralic language; 1/3 of the speakers are in Mordovia (500 km south-east of Moscow, on the south bank of the Volga), and the other two thirds, in different places on the territory of the Russian Federation. If 200,000 people use Mokcha on a daily basis, there are in fact two Mordvian languages, which are distinct, the second is called Erzya.

Several attempts had been made by missionaries to create a written language in which they could translate the Bible. These attempts are not without interest, because they remain a testimony, on the dialects used then.

Today, the thing is done, and if Moksha has many dialects, literary Moksha, based on the northern dialect, is in fact a kind of hybrid, a mixture, between morphology, phonetics, and adaptation to the Erzyan norm.

The Uralic languages took this name from the Urals, the mountain range of the region where we found them. Their origin is uncertain. It is believed that the proto-Uralic, would have been born with populations coming from present-day Hungary and Norway. Of the two Mordvian languages, Moksha has only 30% of the speakers, the other 70% speak Erzya.

Mokshan people & You

In the 13th century, Guillaume de Roubrouk, taking advantage of the Pax Mongolica, and emissary of Saint-Louis (king of France), is the first to mention the Moxel people (Mokshale).

The Mokshans (Mokshans) lived in the Oka region. Allied to the Kazhars, then to the Golden Horde, they were subjugated by Ivan IV.

This poem is rare, since there are only 200,000 Mordvin speaking, with only 70,000 in Mordovia. It tells me all about her! She is a very beautiful young woman, she speaks this language, and smiles while reading me. I like this smile, graceful, and discreet.

Finno-Ugric languages
Mari poem - Hungarian poem
Poem translated into moksha (524 languages)